Have you checked out the Emergency Assistance Plus (EA+) member benefit through Assured Life Association? If not, it is worth your time to see what all this valuable membership offers.
The EA+ program is being enhanced by the addition of a Rescue Nurse benefit, which pays and arranges for a Rescue Nurse to accompany the member on their return trip home, no matter the distance home, if it’s deemed medically necessary by the EA+ physicians and medical team. The Rescue Nurse will be on hand to handle any medical emergency that may arise:
- Monitoring vital signs and oxygen levels.
- Administer medications or provide treatment, if needed.
- Make certain you’re comfortable throughout the transport.
- The addition of this benefit can save members anywhere from $5,000 to $25,000 in out-of-pocket expenses.
Here’s What Happens if You Get Sick or Hurt While Traveling Away from Home…*
FIRST, EA+ GETS YOU WHERE YOU NEED TO BE:
- No matter how much it costs, if deemed medically necessary, EA+ will transport you to the nearest hospital that can give you the medical care you need if your current facility cannot appropriately treat you. Medicare (and most health insurance plans) do not usually pay for this…but EA+ does!
- If you cannot be moved or properly assessed by phone and the medical care is not appropriate where you are, EA+ will LOCATE A DOCTOR or specialist to supervise your care where you are.
- Later, when your doctor says you can come home, EA+ will arrange and pay for your flight back home.
- AND if it’s deemed medically necessary by the EA+ physicians and medical team, a Rescue Nurse will be provided to help ensure you get proper medical care during your trip home. What’s more, EA+ will pay for your airline seat and your Rescue Nurse’s – upgrading you to better seats if medically necessary, at no cost to you!
NEXT, EA+ MAKES SURE YOU GET THE CARE YOU NEED:
- As soon as EA+ hears about your emergency, EA+ assigns an EA+ Assistance Coordinator, to handle the coordination of your case, along with an emergency medical specialist to monitor your treatment from start to finish. Their job is to make sure you get the VERY BEST MEDICAL CARE you need.
- If the hospital or doctor won’t accept your insurance, EA+ GUARANTEES PAYMENT by using your valid credit card to provide Advance Medical Payments, so your care will never be interrupted or curtailed because of money.
- If you lose your eyeglasses, contact lenses, prescriptions, or other medical devices, EA+ will help get your lost or stolen prescription replaced by the fastest, most efficient means possible.
- EA+ can help you with non-emergency doctor, dentist and even legal referrals if needed while you are on your trip. EA+ is standing by 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
THEN EA+ TAKES CARE OF YOUR LOVED ONES:
- If you’re expected to be hospitalized for more than seven days by yourself, EA+ will pay for one round-trip economy-class ticket for a loved one to come to your bedside.
- If your dependent children (or grandchildren) are with you when your trip is interrupted by a medical emergency, EA+ will make sure they get home safe and sound. EA+ will even arrange for a qualified escort to accompany them, if necessary.
- EA+ keeps your pets in mind! If you are unable to care for it due to your medical emergency, EA+ will help see that it gets home alive and well.
- Because communication is vital in any emergency, EA+ provides a 24-hour, toll-free MESSAGE RELAY SERVICE to keep everyone updated on your condition. No more phone tag and missed messages. Everyone in your life will be “in the loop” on your recovery and safe return home.
FINALLY, EA+ TIES UP ALL THE “LOOSE ENDS”:
- If your medical emergency leaves your car, truck, or RV stranded — and your companion can’t drive it either — EA+ will send a professional driver to locate your vehicle anywhere in the U.S., Canada, or Mexico and drive it home at no charge to you.
- If you’d rather have a friend or relative drive your car home, EA+ will reimburse for all the gas and tolls, plus up to $100 per day (with receipts) for expenses, including food and lodging.
- Lost luggage? Misplaced passport? Forgotten medicine? Don’t worry! If these items cannot be found, EA+ will assist in getting you replacements.
- If you’re in a foreign country where you can’t speak the language and have a medical or travel emergency, call our collect call hotline and our multilingual staff will do the talking for you.
- Need help before your trip? EA+ will get you the most up-to-date information on vaccinations, visas, weather advisories, and official State Department travel alerts.
- If you’re threatened by political unrest, dangerous weather, or even terrorist activity EA+ will assist you in making evacuation arrangements. EA+ will arrange ground transportation, flights home, and find temporary shelter if needed.
- You’ll travel with a level of security and safety knowing that a global network of experienced security personnel are on stand-by and ready to respond to your needs!
- If worse comes to worst, and you should die on your trip EA+ will arrange to bring your body home with all due dignity and dispatch. Plus, EA+ will pay to fly your traveling companion home, too.
EA+ is available to members at a special discounted rate off the broadmarket price. With the added Rescue Nurse benefit, the annual cost for the EA+ program for our members is $99 for individual member only and $129 for member and family-For more information, visit them on the web through Assured Life’s website; click on Emergency Assistance+ under Member Benefits. You can also call toll-free 1-855-529-8715 and talk to one of EA+’s friendly Customer Service Representatives. Be sure to tell them you are a member of Assured Life.
*Note: This is only an outline of the plan’s features. Full details are included in the Member Benefit Guide you receive when you sign up. Read this guide carefully to understand all the services available to you, as well as any terms, conditions, and limitations.